Monday, November 9, 2009

El Medio



We arrived in San Diego at 10am on Saturday morning and that night was Halloween and we still didn't have costumes. After lunch in Old Town, a nap, and a Sevilla Futbal game live on tv (thank you ESPN en espanol), we went to the costume store and bought the quickest things we could assemble. I was a witch and he was death.

I wanted to go to Gaslamp for Halloween but unfortunately we weren't able to connect with our other friends who were there. It was too busy and we were running late. It was fun but my feet hurt by the end of the night and drinks were expensive. Going out to the bars is definitely more fun when I was single!

The next few days after Halloween were spent with me sick in bed. This time again I realized how nice it was to have a boyfriend around. While I slept in bed, Manolo was always around to make sure that I had enough to drink, eat, and that I always had medicine when needed. It was so nice to be taken care of after years of either taking care of myself and/or taking care of others.

On Friday we went to the Spanish Restaurant and Manolo got a job!!! When Manolo first arrived I was undecided if I wanted him to stay long term or not. It was so difficult for me to get used to having a boyfriend around (and I wasn't being the nicest to him) and a large part of me wondered if it would be best for him not to get a job and just to go home. The days before Friday though, showed me just how badly I did want him to get that job and stay in San Diego.